Whenever I have a remote meeting with a client, or have a meeting with another consultant or professional I always always do two things:
1. use gotomeeting or something similar
2. record it!
This allows for several things to happen:
1. I have a record of the event, know how long it took (for billing), and have it recorded so I can go back through it if I want.
2. I can refer back to answers to questions that were asked, either by me or of me.
3. I can review examples, requirements etc that were shown on the screen… or how something was done if someone walked me through someting.
4. I can send the recording to anyone I want…
5. If I use a headset with built in microphone, I can type, take notes, tie my shoes etc. all in the meeting.
Here’s to better accountability, transparency, and follow through!!